Thursday, April 18, 2013

The WAR Inside All of Us-{Day 4}

Good Morning!


Today we will be looking at Romans chapters 7 & 8.

Lets Dig in!

Romans 7:14-25
So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right but I can't I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't wan to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
I have discovered this principle in life-that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.

I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a lsave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?

Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nautre I am a slave to sin.

This is Paul talking about his constant struggle with sin....the war of good and evil going on inside him and inside all of us. We want so badly to do what is good and right, but since we are human and sinful, that doesn't always happen.
The good news??!!....Jesus Christ can free us from our sins.

Romans 8:5-6
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. Letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

A life of Peace!? Yes please! :). Let the Holy Spirit guide you through this life and control your mind and you will have peace!

Whatever is in your heart, mind and spirit will show in the words you say.....If you let the spirit control you, imagine how Kind, Loving, Comforting, and Peaceful your words will be towards others! What a great Witness for Jesus!

Romans 8:26-28
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Sometimes, it can be hard to know how/what to pray for. For example, if a loved one is sick...we don't always know how God wants us to pray for them.
 But if you have the Holy Spirit in you, it will help you pray and the Spirit will let God know your heart.

Romans 8:31, 34-35, 37-38
If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

Who then will condemn us? No one-for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us.

Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted , or hungry, or destitue, or in danger, or threatened with death?

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ourt through Christ, who loved us.

And I am convined that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

God is the Almighty, Powerful King and he is on our side!! Not only is he on our side, but it says he PLEADS for us! Wow! The King of all Kings PLEADS for YOU!

It's so comforting to know that NOTHING separates us from God's love. He loves his children no matter what! When you are going through troubles and trials, or you are worried and afraid about today or tomorrow, when it feels like noone in this world is on your side or loves you...Remember GOD LOVES YOU! And GOD IS ALWAYS ON YOUR SIDE!

Thank you, Jesus for being on our side! And for loving us through the good times and the bad!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment