Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Need more PATIENCE!


Good Morning!

I'm usually a pretty patient person, but lately, I've been feeling like I could use a little more Patience! So I thought I would dig in to God's word and see what he has to say about giving me more patience. And what He showed me is that in order to have patience I need to fully put my trust in God! And believe that everything will fall into place at HIS perfect timing!

Here are a few verses on patience!::

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

God will give us patience if we pray and ask Him for it. We need to be faithful in prayer and not give up.

Ephesians 4:1-2
....I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humlity, gentleness and patience.

As God's children we need to show the World these qualities, within ourselves. Its not always easy, and no, we don't ALWAYS show these qualities, but, I believe, we should try our hardest to have these.

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

When we are waiting to hear an answer from God, the Bible tells us to "wait for it patiently". And when we do wait patiently, God sees that and is there for us and will help us through! How amazing and comforting to know!

A few verses on trusting in God, while we patiently wait :)::

Psalms 56:4
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in  all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

I love this verse in Proverbs!! Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart.....and He will make your paths straight! God will lead us exactly where He wants us when we trust in Him, listen through prayer where He wants us, and patiently wait for His leading!

God's word is always so comforting! I'm definitely going to put all my Trust in Him and work this week, on having more patients!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment